Saturday, December 13, 2008

Barcelona 2 - Real Madrid 0






The game, the experience, the energy here in Barcelona is CRAZY!  As Paul would say, "It's just Sick!"  It started to rain about two hours before the game, but it didn't slow down the crowd.  In fact, it appeared to have sparked them and made it more exciting.  Josh and I sat together by our selves, Manny and Eddie sat together in another section and Paul and his crew were someone else in the stadium.  It never stopped raining, but we had a great time!  (Life Long Memories)  From the moment the players stepped out unto the field, the crowd went wild.  The chants, songs, phrases sung or said kept the match exciting.  Puyol, Messi, Henry, Marquez, Xavi ...amazing.  Their style of play, the way they keep possession, the way they take a defender 1 vs. 1, their first touch ...  Incredible.  Although we sometimes say, it is much easier to stay at home and watch a game, there is nothing like being in the stands and cheering for Barcelona.  The energy and excitement, the love and pride for Barcelona, the gentleman crying next to me after Messi scored the second goal, speaks for itself.   It pure Passion.

Sitting in our Hotel room watching the city wind down it peaceful.  I'm sitting here thinking of the game and the moments which most stood out, hoping that I never forget this opportunity, knowing I will forever cherish these memories and will remember them every time I step out unto the pitch with our children.  Now that the game has come and gone, I feel as though our trip was complete.  What a way to finish our perfect week!  

I'm worn out and need rest.  We have an important game to watch tomorrow morning!  Zizinho's youngest son Jonathon will be playing (Giovani's brother).  We were supposed to go clubbing with Zizinho after the game, but the rain unfortunately has slowed me down.  It is 2:00 in the morning, so maybe it is a good thing I'm tired.  

Coach Greg

No comments: